Sunday, September 30, 2012

MKE

Hi.  I know that it's been several months since my last post, but things have been crazy.  As most everyone knows, we moved our family across the country.  We now live in the greater Milwaukee area.  I've told so many that I never thought I'd come to Wisconsin much less live here, but it's been an exciting adventure thus far.  I guess we've lived in our new house about 6 weeks...crazy that it's been that long.  Man, if I didn't know before this move, I know now that it's so hard to move/unpack with two little ones.  It's taking much longer to get settled than I'd like, but I'm trying to be patient and not let it worry me.  Our house was built in the '90s so it's pretty new, but we'd like to make a few changes to make it our own.  We went back to Texas last week and I repeated the phrase, "I know, I need to post photos of our house and neighborhood," so many times.  Because of that, here's my post.  I'm going to try to be better about posting, but honestly it just takes soo long.  (FYI: Most of the rooms haven't been fully decorated.  It's a work in progress, but here's what I have done thus far.)

Entryway
Living Room...new furniture but nothing yet on the walls.
Kitchen...it's a nice space but it we'd like to change a few things.
Nook
Dining Room
Downstairs 1/2 bath...nice but we'll update 
Guest room/office
Basement...didn't take a picture of the play area (i forgot)
Graham's Room...one of two rooms that are complete in the whole house.  it's okay, we'll get there eventually.  :)
Eloise's Room...it's complete too!
Full bath upstairs...needs some love too!
Master Bath
The bed wasn't made in the master bedroom, and I was lazy so that's why there's no picture of it.  

This is what we see out our front door.  Fall is in full swing up here.  It's beautiful!

Apart from the house, things are going well with us.  I've tried to get Graham involved in as much as possible so that he can meet friends and feel more at home in our new home and state.  He's in soccer now...which he is loving but also, pretty good at.  (I'll post pics of that later).  He goes to school 2 days a week and loves that too!  In all of our activities, Eloise is always happy to be along for the ride.  She's happiest if we're out of the house on the go.  At this point, she's crawling all over and pulling up.  When she doesn't realize it, we'll catch her standing by herself without holding on.  

The weather is pretty chilly up here already.  Most days it's been in the 30s and 40s in the morning, but it'll be 50s or 60s by the afternoon.  It's a nice change.  

Well, that's it for now.  I really am going to try to be a more faithful blogger in the future.  Have a great day!





No comments:

Post a Comment